Traits of a Good Leader
Compiled by the Santa Clara University and the Tom Peters Group:
- Honest — Display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions. Deceptive behavior will not inspire trust.
- Competent — Base your actions on reason and moral principles. Do not make decisions based on childlike emotional desires or feelings.
- Forward-looking — Set goals and have a vision of the future. The vision must be owned throughout the organization. Effective leaders envision what they want and how to get it. They habitually pick priorities stemming from their basic values.
- Inspiring — Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary.
- Intelligent — Read, study, and seek challenging assignments.
- Fair-minded — Show fair treatment to all people. Prejudice is the enemy of justice. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well-being of others.
- Broad-minded — Seek out diversity.
- Courageous — Have the perseverance to accomplish a goal, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Display a confident calmness when under stress.
- Straightforward — Use sound judgment to make a good decisions at the right time.
- Imaginative — Make timely and appropriate changes in your thinking, plans, and methods. Show creativity by thinking of new and better goals, ideas, and solutions to problems. Be innovative!
How do you think a good leader manages crisis under stressful situations?
A good leader need to demonstrate good judgement. Leaders must be able to communicate their concern in a number of ways. They should be able to control a situation by thinking clearly even under stressful situations so that he can think of a way to solve the problem... He also has to able to step up and and tell the others confidently his idea and way to solve the problem... He also has to be imaginative or Broad-Minded and think outside the box to come out with a workable idea that nobody will object as they never thought of it... He also has to Courageous and seek out other problems or demonstrate his solution to others so that others will trust him.
Source/Point of reference:http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadchr.html